Thursday, August 31, 2006

It works... finally...

Its been a frustrating week, to say the least!

Well... over the past weekend, I moved some of the wiring to create a cleaner look around where the battery sits. Well there were problems all round.. and I have been tearing my hair out trying to sort it, and its finally back up.

Every afternoon this week, I think I have had it sorted, and ended up pushing the thing back up the hill and into my driveway... cursing the day I bought it.

Anyways, must have picked up some shit into the carby, and it started running badly on the right side of the motor. In the arvo I drained the float bowls, and then started on the electrics. I pulled out the "reserve lighting relay" and looped it out. I moved the rectifier up to the top of the battery, to where the old relay was. Then re-routed all other wires to go up under the seat, rather than around the sides of the battery. It all looked much cleaner!


Long story short, after removing the float bowls twice to clean the jets, its all looking good. Then 6kms from home she dies... no power! Stupid thing not charging... Took me 4 afternoons to find that the rectifier that I moved was not grounding properly.... I was nearly ready to set it on fire until I found that. Lucky I am a patient man....

Anyways, I am thinking that the next thing I buy has to be a tail light. The bike is looking really slick, back until that huge old light on the back!

1 comment:

Phil said...

How did you mount the seat? looking to get one for myself as well.