Thursday, August 24, 2006

New Indicators



Well, the next thing to change has to be the indicators... the original ones are attached to huge long stalks. I bought some crome bullets from Deus... and swapped them out. Very simple to fit the rear. Just reattached into the original holes. Wired straight into the existing plugs. Done.


The fronts were a bit more effort. I didn't want to attach to the existing mounts on either side of the headlight. I wanted a simplified look at the front, so moved the indicators down to the lower triple clamp. I made up some simple mounting brackets using some 3mm steel left over from a TV mounting bracket. These also wired in easily, the connectors terminate inside the headlight cover.


I had to find some temporary bolts to replace where the old indicators were, as they doubled as headlight bolts. I plan on replacing the headlight soon anyway, so looks of the bolts aren't too important at this stage.

Overall, its already looking cleaner!

The tank is looking shabby, so I think I will tackle that next.

Jambob.

No comments: