Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tank graphics mockup...

Before I go and spend hours/dollars on custom paint on the tank... I thought it best to do a mockup with contact. I thought the paint on the tank was stuffed.... but I gave it a good cut/polish and it came up really quite well. It needs to be repainted anyway, because there are 2 small dints in the tank where the top triple clamp has hit the tank (the stopper has rusted/fallen off the headset).



After that, I carefully stuck on a speed stripe, using white 3M motorcross number plate backing, nice thick contact. Then I made up a new 'yamaha' graphic in photoshop. I stickytaped the printout over the contact. the stuck that onto a chopping board and using a scapel, cut out the new graphic and stuck it on, letter by letter. Turned out better than I expected!

Bit of a problem with the font I used though... first 2 people I showed thought that the Y was too much like a N... think it says Namaha. So I have custom modified a new Y, that looks more Y-like in photoshop, but I am yet to make the sticker for it.


I think its looks pretty good now, even for a mockup! After looking at it for a while, decided to move the speedo from the left to the right side... now the white face is inline with the white stripe. Looks smoother.

Now.... gotta fit that new seat.

No comments: